StockMate is a supplement for animals to keep stock in good health, aid in the prevention of disease and treat sick animals. StockMate is the natural way to look after the health of your stock.
This new product StockMate, is the answer to consistent and natural stock health.
StockMate is certified for organic input and is one of the most natural ways to combat diarrhoea in calves. Being high in carbon, it works as a detox within the gut, keeping the animal healthy and happy. StockMate can be used on calves, cows and horses to promote good gut health, strength and condition. As more people trial StockMate, we are finding other classes of animals are benefitting from it too.
What are Humates?
Humate is an accumulation of partly decayed forest and other carbon-rich plant residues that have been compressed and preserved over the ages. These humate deposits are high in carbon, natural minerals and trace elements, and are referred to as humic substances. They also contain two very powerful bioactive substances, humic acid and fulvic acid. This humate product is particularly high in humic acid.
Humates and Humic Acid in Animals
Humates are part of a group of humic substances that make up the soil humus. This soil humus plays an important role for not only the soil organisms living below the soil, but also for those animals living above. Unfortunately, due to a lack of understanding and appreciation for these humic substances, modern farming practices have stripped large quantities of humus from the soil. The end result is that animals are not receiving enough of these valuable humic substances in their diet. Adding humates to farming practices is one of the reasons why farmers who feed humates to their stock are seeing such great benefits in animal health.
Benefits of StockMate
Humates and humic acid have been found to aid the recovery of sick animals and prevent disease, as well as increasing animal production. Some of the benefits of StockMate include:
- Forms a protective film on the mucous lining of the gastro-intestinal tract. This helps to prevent excessive losses of water via the intestine and therefore aids in the prevention of young animals becoming dehydrated;
- Powerful detoxifying agent available for sick animals. The physical manifestation of disease is often a negative response to the toxins released by infectious microbes. Humates bind these toxins which results in a dramatic reduction in toxicity;
- Supports immune system receptors in the gut lining, shown through increased white blood cell activity;
- Reduction in somatic cell counts in dairy herds when fed as a 50:50 lick with salt;
- Important factor for colostrum quality when fed to dry cows
- Supplies building blocks for a calf’s immune system
- Humates added to feed rations can help to stabilise an animal’s intestinal flora and increase gut microbial growth. The humates stimulate the good microbes while suppressing the bad microbes.
Available in 20kg bags.
Also available... HorseMate for horses.
 Humates for Animal Health – Graeme Sate
 Natural Calf Care – Dr Paul Dettloff
 Effect of humic acid on animals and humans – vetservis.sk