For more than 50 years, countries with supplies of high quality humates have been using the product to improve soil quality and boost plant growth. Countries like Russia, the USA, China and Australia.
The volume of trial work and scientific study is huge, all of it demonstrating that humates reduces the amount of fertiliser needed and improves production.
Please contact us for a copy of the latest Bio Gro certificate for HuMates.
What is HuMates?
Humate materials are widely distributed organic carbon containing compounds found in soils, fresh water, and oceans. These substances are formed from the biological and chemical breakdown of animal and plant life and make up approximately 75 percent of the organic matter that exists in most mineral soils.
Humates play a direct role in determining the production potential of a soil.
In soils void of significant quantities of clay minerals and organic matter, the addition of humates can have an impact on soil fertility which may be noticeable in the form of improved plant growth.
Humates provide a full spectrum of organic acids including humic and fulvic acids, which are essential for plant development. These act an organic “chelators” which enhance the uptake and utilisation of plant nutrients in fertilisers. The cation exchange capacity of the soil increases improving the transfer of nutrients through cell membranes of plant root material.
Benefits of HuMates
- Builds a stronger root system by increasing root respiration and root formation.
- Increases the Cation Exchange Capacity of the soil and facilitates nutrient absorption
- Great source of energy for beneficial soil organisms, which influence both soil fertility and plant health.
- Improves aeration of soil and water retention in heavy and compact soils.
- Prevents water and nutrient losses in light sandy soils.
- Healthier roots hold soil, minimizing erosions.
- When added directly to soil it improves its quality and ability to grow crops.
- When added to urea, fertiliser and lime it improves their performance.
- When added to seeds it improves their strike rate and encourages root growth.
The humic, fulvic and mycrorrhizal fungi and bacteria in HuMates are the active ingredients.
HuMates and its derivatives are:
- Applied to the soil
- Applied to fertilisers (and possibly pesticides)
- Applied to the plant
|Pasture / Orchards|
|Soil Treatment||Pasture: 100 - 200 kg per Ha
Orchards: 300 - 500 kg per Ha
|Adding to Urea||8% of mix|
|Adding to fertiliser||50 kg per Ha|
|Adding to lime||100 kg per Ha|
|Seed Beds||Incorporate liberally up to 1 kg per m2 at planting|
|Vegetable Plants||Apply 300 gms per m2 every 6 months|
|Fruiting, Flowering & Perennial Plants/Trees||Broadcast 500 gms around the base 2-3 times per year|
|Fertiliser Application||Blend 50/50 to maximise fertiliser uptake|
|Lawns & Grass||Broadcast 100 gms per m2 Spring and Autumn|
|Potted Plants||300 gms per pot then small amounts often|
|150 gms = 1 cup approx.|
HuMates is available in 2.5kg (for the home gardener), 20kg and 1 tonne bulk bags.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for further information and pricing.